SOS Distress light with Day Signal Flag
NEVER BUY FLARES AGAIN! The SOS Distress Light is the ONLY Award Winning LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires, which solves the challenge of flare disposal. The LED light flashes up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares that last minutes or less. It flashes only the SOS sequence, per USCG requirements, and is visible up to 10 nautical miles. When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), it meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use, in lieu of traditional flares. This electronic flare floats and can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It operates with 3 standard C batteries. Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013.
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Waterproof & submersible
- Floats, lens-up to optimize all-around horizontal & vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- No toxic chemical compounds or burning waste
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Easy to test regularly
- Can be operated unattended
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A
- United States Patent: D784,175
- Lifetime Warranty with Weems and Plath