Cancellation (Dropping a Course), Changing Courses and Refund Policy
The Captain School Key West operates on small class size, and personalized instruction. With is in mind the school has adopted several policies relating to cancelling or dropping a course, changing course enrollment and refund policies.
Courses, Students enrolled in these courses have full access to the course
material from the minute they are formally enrolled. The school’s policy is to treat all sales of
online courses as final, no refunds will be made since all of the course
material has been made fully accessible to the learner.
- Access to the online classroom is limited to one year from the initial enrollment date.
- Course extensions will be granted at on- year increments for an annual fee of $150.
Courses, Students enrolled in these courses have full access to online
course material from the minute they are formally enrolled. Roughly one half of the course content is
available in the online course room. The
following policies apply to blended or hybrid courses.
- When a student enrolls in a course it is for a
specific set of dates.
- Students may change their course enrollment date 15 days prior to course commencement with no penalty, once.
- Students who change enrollment more than once will be assessed a fee of $500 course change fee.
- Students who fail to change enrollment within 15 days of course commencement will be charged a $500 rescheduling fee.
- Students who change more than three times will be dropped from enrollment and all fees collected will be forfeit.
- When a student enrolls in a course it is for a specific set of dates.
/ Face to Face Courses, Has a Five Business Day Cancellation Policy.
- It is understanding that if for any reason a student is unable to begin class, all monies paid will be refunded if requested within Five business days after signing an enrollment agreement and making an initial payment. Cancellation after the three-business day cancellation period but before the commencement of classes by the student. Tuition or fees collected in advance of entrance and if the student does not begin classes, not more than $150 shall be retained by the school. Refunds for a student who does not begin classes shall be made within 30 days of the start of the course the student was to attend.
- Withdrawal after commencement of class refund
Policy shall be:
- After a student has completed less than 3.5% of the course the school shall refund at least 80% of the tuition less the registration fee thereafter. After a student has completed less than one fourth of the course the school shall refund at least 70% of the tuition less the registration fee thereafter. After a student has completed one fourth but less than one half of the course the school shall refund at least 45% of the tuition less the registration fee thereafter. After a student has completed one half or more of the course the school may retain 100% of the stated course price.